about us: How we work
Creation of a bespoke software system is a significant investment. We’re not going to promise that it is instant or effort-free!
However – we have been through this many times, so we’re here to help you through it.
“We knew that we needed to automate our processes but had heard horror stories so were delighted with Cloud Street’s approach. Their hands on and practical approach to the issues that they faced in executing this project gave us confidence every step of the way.”
We are an approachable and pragmatic team, and we’re very good at working with business people to understand how their operations work and what they need from a software application. We are valued for the highly professional, practical relationships we develop with clients.
We start by working with you
We work with you to bring out the detail of what you want the application to do, and understand the ‘business rules’ that are to be used. We listen to what you want, ask lots of questions, advise you on the possibilities and talk through implications of various options. We write down the requirements, draft a data model, and review everything with you until it is correct. By this point, we’ll have a good idea of how we would build the application and can tell you how much it will cost.
- We want to ensure that you have a clear understanding of what you will get for your money
- We can usually give a ball-park cost after an initial meeting, but can’t give a fixed price quote until a detailed specification is developed and agreed
“Cloud Street took our brief beyond the original spec and provided us with suggestions that were invaluable and helped us greatly with our business logic.”
Clients stay involved throughout development
We plan the overall architecture, and then build the application section by section, focussing on one area of functionality or one set of user screens at a time.
- You’ll be able to see screen mock-ups and then screen shots as the application progresses
- We’ll continue to have questions for you to work out the detail of the application and incorporate feedback
“Cloud Street were very responsive to all our ongoing continuous improvement needs.”
Alongside our in-house QA process, you will be involved in ‘user acceptance testing’ as sections of the application approach completion
- This is where bespoke software development is very different from installing, say, the latest Microsoft Office application
- You will find bugs, and things that you want to change – and you’ll be able to discuss & resolve these directly with the development team (unlike the off-the-shelf experience)
And we stay with you past Go Live
We’ll help you plan this and be there for you on the day. We provide free support for all our products for 3 months post-launch.